Re: Email Client With Support For Japanese Fonts

>>> Tue, 11 Jul 2000 15:47:18 +0900 の刻に 「antony」、すなわち
>>> antony@example.com(Antony Stace) 氏曰く

antony> Can someone please tell me what a good email client is that supports
antony> Japanese fonts for reading and writing is.  I am currently using Kondara
antony> in 'English' mode.

I've been trying Mew, which runs in Mule or Emacs, if you've set Emacs
up to display Japanese and use a Japanese input method (which I've
been too lazy to do yet).

http://www.mew.org/

The site has an English FAQ which, although not as complete as the
Japanese FAQ, has enough to get you going.

I've been using Mew in English RH 6.1.  So far I like it.  It covers
my fairly basic needs, and I've barely scratched the surface, since I'm just
starting to learn Emacs Lisp.

As much as I like it, I had to give up on Pine because of the kinds of
Japanese display problems that Jonathan Byrne mentioned.

Drew Poulin