tlug: ISDN Hardware

Good morning <yawn>,

If anyone else is up, I could use some pointers on ISDN.

I had mentioned before about switching a network from Mac servers over to a Linux box.
Well, the box has arrived (RedHat 6.2J, I believe), and I was thinking over what I needed to do the switchover/config, then it dawned on me - I don't have any hardware to connect to the ISDN line/TA. :-)

I've only dealt with cable modem up until now, so any information on setting up for ISDN would be very helpful. I've tried searching for an ISDN How-To and other ISDN-related information at linuxdoc.org, but haven't come up with very much. The current setup is with an external Terminal Adapter. Am I right in thinking it would be better to just buy an ISDN card and plug the line straight into there (bypassing the TA), since I'd have to get a card to connect to the TA anyway?

Any pointers to helpful config docs would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn

Shawn Gray
English/Japanese Translator
& Linux/Perl Gearhead
shawn@example.com

Graycastle Intercultural Communications | http://www.graycastle.com
The Mecca Online MultiCultural Forum http://www.graycastle.com/mecca/

Next Meeting (w/ YLUG): June 16 (Fri) 19:00 Mizonoguchi Marui Family 12F
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat)  13:30 Topic: TBA