tlug: Compact flash readers under Linux

Anybody using a compact flash reader, either parallel or pcmcia,
under Linux?

I'm getting ready to upgrade from my ancient Fujifilm DS-7 camera
and a CF reader would be really handy, even if I get a USB camera
(on a slight aside, those who've been dabbling in bleeding-edge
kernels, how good is the USB support?  If I get a USB camera,
should I expect it will probably work?).

I've found various references along the lines of "CF card readers
work with standard adapters) and "pcmcia cf card readers work,"
but nothing more specific than that, and no links to a
reader how-to or the like.

If anyone has one working, what make/model is it, and what
is needed?  Would you recommend the one you have?

Or if you just now a decent source of more info on this,
that would be great, too.  Google/Slashdot/Freshmeat/Lincare/linux.com
haven't turned up anything of substance.

TIA,

--
Jonathan Byrne <j-byrne@example.com>               Engineering Division
Exodus Communications K.K./Global Online Japan      http://www.exodus.co.jp/

Next Meeting (w/ YLUG): June 16 (Fri) 19:00 Mizonoguchi Marui Family 12F
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat)  13:30 Topic: TBA