RE: tlug: META tags in perl scripts

>> print "<META HTTP-EQUIV=\"Refresh\" CONTENT=\"0; URL=http://file.html\">";

Apart from the domain name this looks fine, so I can't see a reason
Netscape would ignore it. You should probably have it inside

>The perl script parses the results of an HTML form and opens file.html to
>write them there. (actually it creates file.html in HTML format with the
>results in the body). Then I want the browser to immediately display
>file.html with the updated results.

I assume you also want file.html so other people can see the results? If so
you could output file.html to stdout when you've finished writing. If you
don't actually need file.html any more just write to stdout instead of
file.html (which is what Frank was saying). Either way you don't have to
worry about the browser cache problem.

(or there are other headers/meta tags you can use to stop file.html being
cached).

>print "Location: http://www.x.y.z/file.html\n\n";
>print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";

You don't need the content type I believe; just the location. And this is
better than the Meta tag (e.g. if the user clicks back they'll go back to
the form (I think); with the meta tag method "back" only takes them to the
meta tag page and they get redirected again).

Darren

Next Meeting (w/ YLUG): June 16 (Fri) 19:00 Mizonoguchi Marui Family 12F
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat)  13:30 Topic: TBA