Re: tlug: directions...

On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 11:41:50PM +0900, Viktor Pavlenko wrote:

>     TOD> I'm new to the list so I don't know any of you yet but it
>     TOD> will be great to hook up and talk about what we all use linux
>     TOD> for and what we wanna use it for going forward. It might be
>     TOD> interesting to put such contents on the tlug site. I'd also
>     TOD> love to know if there are those of you who dabble in source
>     TOD> and contribute to the various opensource projects. This would
>     TOD> be a cool thing to put on the site too, a kinda who is
>     TOD> doing/did what.
>
> I like this list the way it is because I don't have to subscribe to
> other lists, it's admin and flame and whatever, and people seem to
> know where to stop if it goes too far. Though maybe a tlug-develop
> list (and nomikais, Simon, Saturday 9PM is the same as Monday 6AM for
> me!) would be a good idea...

Hmmm, didn't realise that I suggested anything about changing the list
in anyway. I quite like it too. What I meant was, that it would be cool
to be able to flick to a tlug web page and see out of the group who was
up to what, why linux, what they do with it, maybe hardware configs,
their pet way of installing apps, backing it up, etc.  Just interesting
bits and pieces like this. I know this is bordering links to members
personal sites, but I think there is a place on the tlug site for
defined/formatted info pieces like this. It might encourage new users
to try something out, or give longer term users a different insight
on someone/something that normally doesn't come up in the list and open
up for example opportunities to learn from handy scripts that other
people wrote.

Cheers,

Tom.
--