Re: tlug: Re: rpms

    Simon> Stephen J. Turnbull (lists.tlug):
    >> Are there any hardcore "tarball" guys anymore?  I do all my
    >> "not in the PMS yet" stuff from CVS....

    Simon> Of course. Package management systems are just a way
[...]

No, no, I meant that my normal "update software" session now starts
with

$ cvs -z3 update -dP .

And I hardly even bother with Freshmeat as

$ function man,do-i-need () {
> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@example.com$1.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/$1 login;
> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@example.com$1.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/$1 checkout $1;
> }

generally Does The Right Thing....  :-)

  What are those round things and lines?  "Debian rocks, XEmacs rules."
Next Meeting (w/ YLUG): June 16 (Fri) 19:00 Mizonoguchi Marui Family 12F
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat)  13:30 Topic: TBA