tlug: Re: errr mail program?

jq  <jq@example.com> writes in tlug@example.com:
> As for popping, my weapon of choice is fetchmail.  It works well, can
> run as a daemon, and doesn't tie your popping to your mail
> client.

Expanding on "works well" ... It is easy to configure it to filter
incoming mail through procmail.  It also can be used in the same email
configuration that a 24x7 connected host would use.  Finally, with a
slight bit of tweaking, you can tunnel your POP3 connection through
ssh to avoid throwing passwords in the clear across the network.

Next Meeting (w/ YLUG): June 16 (Fri) 19:00 Mizonoguchi Marui Family 12F
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat)  13:30 Topic: TBA