Re: tlug: telnet: how to get a process to stay alive after disco

On 28-May-2000 Shimpei Yamashita wrote:
> On Sun, May 28, 2000 at 01:03:00PM -0500, Stuart Luppescu wrote:
>
>> The problem with nohup is that it requires some forethought in that you
>> start
>> the program with it. If you've already started the program (without nohup)
>> and
>> it still hasn't finished by the time you need to logout, use disown (only
>> with
>> bash). Disown will make the owner of the process init instead of the shell
>> you
>> started it in.
>
> bash$ disown
> bash: disown: command not found
>
> Am I missing something? I thought disown was a zsh thing....

Oops. I guess it's only in bash2. Didn't know zsh had it, too.
Stuart Luppescu         -=-=-  University of Chicago
$(B:MJ8$HCRF`H~$NIc(B        -=-=-  s-luppescu@example.com
http://www.consortium-chicago.org/people/sl/sl.html
ICQ #21172047  AIM: psycho7070
The surest sign that a man is in love is when he divorces his wife.
>> Sent on 30-May-2000 at 09:37:59 with xfmail
Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), 19:00   Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat) 13:30   Topic: TBA