Re: tlug: Up and running again - thank God - but why?

>ready to put it in the cardboard box, when I thought I'd try plugging
>it directly into the newest outlet in the house.  I'm thinking to
>myself, 'this is pointless', when BOOM! it powered up, just like the
>first time, without me touching the power switch at all.

Does it stop working again if you go back to the other outlet? Maybe a UPS
(*) with surge protector would be a good idea. It should clean up the
electricity a bit.

As for not needing the power switch - are you sure you haven't connected
the wrong pins on the motherboard? ...does the power switch work when you
want to turn it off? The other problem I've been told to watch out for is
make sure the motherboard has those plastic clips in place properly so it
can't touch the case.

Darren

*: in three years the only time I've needed it is when our cat laid on the
cable, then rolled over in his sleep and pulled it out of the wall.

Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), 19:00   Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat) 13:30   Topic: TBA