Re: tlug: telnet: different question + others

On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 07:54:53PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> If I am correct, technically what those who have provided advice are
> doing is called "aiding and abetting the commission of a crime."  Even
> if Frank says he thinks the defendent's case is easier, I wouldn't bet
> against the advisors being indicted for A&A.

All in the spirit of education... I think the post got so many responses
because it was an interesting technical question about how to do something
on a linix box. There was nothing malicious in any of the responses apart
from the side effect that if they were successful it might lead to the
attendance records going out of sync with reality. But that is for the
student to decide. Back in our day, the lecturer handed out an attendance
book now and again and if you were lucky someone would sign your name
for you if you were otherwise engaged that particular day... Of course
your friend runs the risk of a followup headcount, but the odds were
pretty good.

Cheers,

Tom.
Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), 19:00   Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat) 13:30   Topic: TBA