Re: tlug: Domain Name Registration (*.jp)

>Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 01:18:33 +0900 (JST)
>From: Jonathan Q <jq@example.com>
>To: tlug@example.com
>Subject: Re: tlug: Domain Name Registration (*.jp)
>
>On Fri, 19 May 2000, Scott M. Stone wrote:
>
>> does it have to be a .jp?  I think you can register it as a .com or
>> whatever through any of the standard registrants in the USA as long as you
>> provide a valid IP and DNS server...can't you?
>
>You can, and quite a few of our customers who are Japanese companies
>have .com domain names, but I guess he must want a .jp.
>
>Jonathan

Yes, I have a .com for myself (graycastle.com) and am hosting a .to for a friend, but I was interested in getting a .jp as well. Just surprised me a bit how restrictive the registration requirements are.

Graycastle Intercultural Communications | http://www.graycastle.com
The Mecca Online MultiCultural Forum http://www.graycastle.com/mecca/

Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), 19:00   Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat) 13:30   Topic: TBA