Re: tlug: unable to run x-server

Chris Sekiya wrote:

> On Tue, May 09, 2000 at 03:52:03PM +0900, vijay kumar wrote:
>
> > _FontTransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 2
> > failed to set default font path 'unix/:-1'
> > Fatal server error:
> > could not open default font 'fixed'
>
> Recompile the kernel, but this time select UNIX domain socket support.

Unix domain socket is checked in while compiling the kernel. I amn't sure
whether
I have missed any step in recompiling. This the order in which I compiled
the kernel.

make menuconfig, make clean, make dep, make bzImage, make modules, make
module_install,
cp System.map  /boot/System.map.new , cp arch/i386/boot/bzImage
/boot/vmlinuz.new
edited lilo.conf , run /sbin/lilo
rebooted with the new kernel option.