Re: tlug: Projector for our next meeting

Shimpei Yamashita (shimpei@example.com) wrote:

> at the last auction. In my copious spare time, I've had zero luck in getting
> it to talk to the serial console or the Ethernet port, although it does seem

There are people who can help with the serial console thing.  As far as
the Ethernet goes, just give it an IP address on your network and go.
It was set to 192.168.something as donated.  Probably 1.6 or 1.7, I
think.  The gateway IP would be 192.168.1.100.

One thing on the serial console, make sure your settings in your
terminal program are 9600-n-8-1.  That's the standard for serial console
access on just about everything, so it should be a good starting point
on the 1+.

> to be doing *something* to its hard disk. If anyone has a CD-ROM of a Sparc

It boots and is fully functional, so yup, it's doing something :-)

--
Jonathan Byrne <j-byrne@example.com>               Engineering Division
Exodus Communications K.K./Global Online Japan      http://www.gol.com/

Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan
* Topic: Crypto and Security	Speaker: Chris Sekiya
Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), Tengu TokyoEkiMae.