tlug: Japanese patches for Tcl/Tk

Hello all,

I'm trying to use ndtpd, the server software for accessing
Japanese dictionary CD-ROMs, with a client called bookview,
which provides a GUI for performing the lookups and
displaying the results.

ndtpd seems to be working fine.  Test connections to the
server using Telnet in a kterm produce the desired list of
names of the book and subbooks  (in Japanese) that are on my
CD-ROM .

But in order to use bookview, I need to first install Tcl/Tk
with their Japanese patches.   I've installed Tcl/Tk 8.0,
patch 2, which is the only version for which there seem to
be Japanese patches available, but the patches themselves
are a real rat's nest.  I've installed those whose filenames
indicated that they were appropriate for 8.0 patch 2, but
when I ran the bookview rpm, I got a dependencies error
saying that wish8.0jp was missing.

After thrashing around for a  few hours with other patch
versions, I threw in the towel.

So my questions:  Can anyone recommend versions of Tcl/Tk
and their Japanese patches that play together nicely?
Better yet, does anyone know of Japanized versions of Tcl/Tk
that do not require Japanese patches and where I might find
them?

I'm running Red Hat 6.1 with canna, kinput2, and kterm.

Grateful for any leads,

Drew Poulin

Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan
* Topic: Crypto and Security	Speaker: Chris Sekiya
Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), Tengu TokyoEkiMae.