tlug: defeating the 'i love you' virus

Someone here got it and thoughtfully forwarded it to me - UNIX isn't
vulnerable, so I went and printed the thing.  It's a visual basic script.
It downloads a patch program from some really long URL at www.skyinet.net,
which then hoses your system.  Might want to block http access outbound to
www.skyinet.net for the time being, that way even if people launch the
script it can't hurt their computer.

BTW, it propagates via Outlook email and also will propagate out via IRC
if using the mIRC client.  Maybe some other nastiness too, my visual basic
skills aren't the best :)

Scott M. Stone, CCNA <sstone@example.com>
UNIX Systems and Network Engineer
Taos - The SysAdmin Company

Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan
* Topic: Crypto and Security	Speaker: Chris Sekiya
Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), Tengu TokyoEkiMae.