Re: tlug: Sun 4M question

On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, Chris Sekiya wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 05:50:47PM +0900, Frank Bennett wrote:
>
> > The tftp load runs normally until the file counter shows about 200000 or
> > so, and then it abruptly ends with a message "Interrupt level 15", and
> > returns to the ok prompt.
>
> Bum hardware.  Does the prom test all of the RAM, or have you hardcoded it
> to test only one meg (like about 99% of the rest of the world has ;)?
>
> > We also have a "Netra" here that the guy who used do network maintenance
> > passed on to me.  What breed of kernel image should I throw at this one?
>
> A Netra?  A Netra T1?  Sun's newest 1U-form-factor unexpandable rack-mount
> sun4u server?

unexpandable?  I'd question that.  I've got a bunch of those things here.
They've got 2 ultra-wide SCSI bays internally, plus an external SCSI port.
They have one PCI slot and can get extra memory through the use of Sun
'mezzanine' modules.

What's unexpandable about them?  We configure ours with 36GB of disk,
320MB of RAM, and a Fore ATM card, none of which 'comes with' the standard
system.

Scott M. Stone, CCNA <sstone@example.com>
UNIX Systems and Network Engineer
Taos - The SysAdmin Company

Next Nomikai Meeting: April 20 (Thu) Linux Conference 2000 Spring Ed.
Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD