tlug: Sun 4M question

We have an old Sun 4M here that I would like to bring up as a Debian box.
I have set up arp/rarp correctly, put a tftpboot image file in place, made
a softlink to the appropriate filename so that the machine can ask for it,
tweaked inetd.conf, nudged inetd, and done "net boot" from the ok prompt
on the Sun.

The tftp load runs normally until the file counter shows about 200000 or
so, and then it abruptly ends with a message "Interrupt level 15", and
returns to the ok prompt.

I have done network installs to similar machines before (including this
very box, which has another, now corrupted Linux system on it at the
moment).  Does this error mean that I now have a large four-footed
paperweight on my hands, or does it point to something in software or
firmware that can be corrected?

We also have a "Netra" here that the guy who used do network maintenance
passed on to me.  What breed of kernel image should I throw at this one?

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
----
-x80
Frank G Bennett, Jr         @@
Faculty of Law, Nagoya Univ () email: bennett@example.com
Tel: +81[(0)52]789-2239     ()

Next Nomikai Meeting: April 20 (Thu) Linux Conference 2000 Spring Ed.
Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD