RE: tlug: Connecting to internet

Hello, minna-san...
Hajimemashite.
I'm a new member of this ML My name is Andy Prihatmoko from Jakarta, Indonesia.

>From: Jonathan Q [mailto:jq@example.com]
>Hi, I am a new user in linux, and I would like to know how can
>I make a =
>conection to internet. I still couldn't configure my modem,
>and knowing =
>that I will need pppd (but don't knowing what is that), I
===
BTW, have you read the HOWTO.....

>search it, but =
>I didn't find it in /usr/sbin,  where I can download it?.
===
You can d/l it at Linuxberg <http://www.linuxberg.com> Slashdot <http://slashdot.org>, Freshmeat <http://freshmeat.net>, 32bitsoneline http://www.32bitsoneline.com>, etc.
anyway, why not install from your Linux cd.

>From: Susumu Takuwa [mailto:susumu-t@example.com]
>I don't know where pppd is, but if you use current Linux distributions,
>it contains something GUI configuration tool. For example,
>
>+ netcfg
>+ kppp
===
and-the........ wvdial (text and GUI mode) from SuSE Linux =P

Regards,

Andy Prihatmoko