tlug: developerWorks (was Re: Journaling Filesystems)

At 20:22 00/3/7 -0700, you wrote:
> Also if you want to learn kernel internals and implementation of a
> filesystem, watch IBM's JFS. When first released, it could only mount
> and ls (showing . adn ..). After 4 weeks touch,mkdir,rm,rmdir work.
> If things wo in this speed, we'll be able to read and write to files
> in 4 weeks.

JFS was released through developerWorks http://www.ibm.com/developer

Particularly, the Linux Zone http://www.ibm.com/developer/linux/index.html
is meant to be a contact point for developers and Linux users. It also
hosts a CVS repository for some open-sourced projects (as is the case
of JFS).

I didn't want to make propaganda about it myself, but it happens
that I was recently appointed to the editorial advisory board of
the japanese site http://www.jp.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/index.html
and will need some help.

If anyone has any ideas for articles or topics to be covered, please
drop me a note. Comments and suggestions about the site are also
welcomed. And if anyone wants to write papers, articles or pieces of
code related to Linux, we're accepting submissions (either in
English or Japanese).

---
A.Tomita,Jr.
atomita@example.com
Next Technical Meeting: March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: "What's new in Perl 5.6"
Guest speaker: Simon Cozens (TLUG Perl guru)
Next Nomikai Meeting: April 20 (Thu) Linux Conference 2000 Spring Ed.