tlug: "boot partition too big" while installing RH6.1j

I recently got a computer (Dell XPS800) with a 20GB hard disk. It came with
only one windows 98 partition, so I run fips to divide it in two. I deleted
the second partition and left the first one for windows (10.5 GB fat32). I'm
trying to install RH 6.1J (from CD) in the empty space

The problem I have is that I always get the "Boot partition too big" message
no matter what size (even 1MB !) I write when I try to create a /boot
partition. Even worse, if I don't try to create a boot partition and just
try to create a root partition (/) I get the same error message. Does
anybody know how to overcome this problem?

Thanks in advance

Hector

Next Technical Meeting: March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: "What's new in Perl 5.6"
Guest speaker: Simon Cozens (TLUG Perl guru)
Next Nomikai Meeting:   April 21 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae