Re: tlug: RH6.0 & Omron ISDN TA

On Sat, 26 Feb 2000, Richard Hakim wrote:

> I am trying to get my RedHat 6.0 system to talk to my Omron ISDN TA.  Can
> anone out there help me??  I am happy to pay for it if that's what it takes.

More info, please.  Is this an internal or external TA?  An external
should talk to your serial port just like a modem, so you don't need to
do anything differently than with a regular external modem.  If it's
internal, this could be more problematic.

Please tell us more about exactly what the problem is, also.  "It
doesn't work" is kind of difficult to troubleshoot.  For example, does
it dial but fail to handshake, or doesn't even dial, or something else?
How are you dialing?  With chat scripts, or something else?  Whatever it
is, please run it in verbose mode and post the output, so we can see
what it's doing.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Next Technical Meeting: March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: "What's new in Perl 5.6"
Guest speaker: Simon Cozens (TLUG Perl guru)
Next Nomikai Meeting:   April 21 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae