Re: tlug: Fetchmail question...

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     SMS> ... ok, here's a question.. and could be a potential DOS
>     SMS> attack if there's no solution:
>
>     SMS> I got a message from someone @example.com or something like
>     SMS> that
>
> --nobounce.  Not clear that this will do exactly what you want
> (depends on definition of "postmaster", I think this defaults to
> "invoking user", see the --postmaster option).  But it looks right.

I think you're right, thanks.

>     SMS> OK, in my .fetchmailrc I have:
>
>     SMS> set syslog
>
>     SMS> Now, when I run 'fetchmail -d0 -v', it logs everything that
>     SMS> it does to the syslog.  But, when I run fetchmail as
>     SMS> 'fetchmail -d600' it doesn't log anything... do I just need
>     SMS> to specify the -v to make it log the details or is there
>     SMS> something else?
>
> Possibly you're looking in the wrong logs or your sysklogd.conf is
> dropping some message classes on the floor.

Turns out it just wanted -v on the commandline or it doesn't log anything
useful... :)

Scott M. Stone, CCNA <sstone@example.com>
UNIX Systems and Network Engineer
Taos - The SysAdmin Company

Next Technical Meeting: March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: "What's new in Perl 5.6"
Guest speaker: Simon Cozens (TLUG Perl guru)
Next Nomikai Meeting:   April 21 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae