tlug: another fetchmail question

OK, in my .fetchmailrc I have:

set syslog

Now, when I run 'fetchmail -d0 -v', it logs everything that it does to the
syslog.  But, when I run fetchmail as 'fetchmail -d600' it doesn't log
anything... do I just need to specify the -v to make it log the details or
is there something else?

Scott M. Stone, CCNA <sstone@example.com>
UNIX Systems and Network Engineer
Taos - The SysAdmin Company

Next Technical Meeting: March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: "What's new in Perl 5.6"
Guest speaker: Simon Cozens (TLUG Perl guru)
Next Nomikai Meeting:   April 21 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae