Re: tlug: HTTP headers q

    Adrian> On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
    >> As of Apache 1.3, CGI scripts are essentially not buffered.
    >> Every time your script does a "flush" to output data, that data
    >> gets relayed on to the client.  Some scripting languages, for
    >> example Perl, have their own

    Adrian> Poorly written FAQ answer it seems. "not buffered", then
    Adrian> in the next sentence an example using "flush"? Perhaps the
    Adrian> word "essentially" here means "a buffer small enough so
    Adrian> that you probably won't notice it."

I read it differently; eg, if you're writing your CGI in C, you need
to fflush(stdout) to flush the stdio buffer on the CGI program's
side.  And they go on to mention that Perl does internal buffering, so
you will only get data sent to the client when _Perl_ flushes its output
buffer, but that Apache will add no extra delay to that imposed by
Perl's own buffering.  (Modulo alignment issues for headers and maybe
for encrypted or compressed wire data.)

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD