RE: tlug: HTTP headers q

Many thanks.  More fiddling has revealed that Apache slaps on a header
even if a valid one is already there: the FastCGI module whinges about
duplicate headers if I put that explict one in in a valid form.

I've also deduced that an empty line does not seem to be needed or
wanted following the headers.

>Also, there are several Perl libraries and a standard Python library
>for CGIs.  I don't know which are standard for Perl, but you should
>consider using those, as a lot of this gook will be replaced by
>setting variables.

For Tcl too.  I'm using Don Libes' cgi.tcl package, and provides
a cleaner scripting interface for these blocks.  I reverted to explicit
printing statements and conditionals when I lost faith.  :-)  :-(

I've concluded that there's just something wrong with the
order of events in the script; something happens inside that FCGI
loop environment that makes it barf when reinvoked.  I don't have
time to deal with it now, but at least it does appear that I've
bashed the output (when it actually arrives) into a workable form.

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD