Re: tlug: compatible NICs

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Dave wrote:

>  Ok, it looks like Im making some forward progress.  ifconfig now lists
>  eth0 by default, my IP address (192.168.1.10) is listed, as is the
>  broadcast and netmask addresses. The only thing that I can ping is
>  loopback (127.0.0.1), and my own IP address (192.168.1.10).  I cannot

Sorry to ask, is the ethernet cable plugged in ?

Also, what does '/sbin/route -F' show ?

>  get through to the router (192.168.1.1) or any other PCs on
>  the network.
   ^^^^^^^^^^^

What is that netwrok? Could you please elaborate on your network
configuration? Are you building a private local netwrok or trying to
connect to the internet with IP masquerade?

Also, while describing problems please send the actual output of
commands rather than a verbal description.

>  I cannot ping 192.168.1.10 from any other PC.
>
>  Thanks

Selva

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD