re: tlug: compatible NICs

I used linuxconf to setup the IP address and my gateway, but I dont
think the settings are correct.  Anyway, ifconfig spits out lo, but eth0
doesnt appear.  If I use "ifconfig eth0" I get something like this:

eth0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:80:C6:F8:D7:17
         BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
	 TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrrier:0
	 collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
	 Interrupt:18 Base address:0xe800