Re: tlug: search in mailing list archive

Ulrike Schmidt <798a5047@example.com> writes:

[...]

> In the meantime: I was looking for how to strip what turns up in emacs as
> "^M" at the end of the lines in files downloaded in apparently not the
> correct way. I had the same question ages ago and it is somewhere in the
> archives ... Don't bother, I'll download the files again. Just for the
> future...

Go to the top of the buffer in Emacs and then type:

    M-x replace-string RET
    C-q C-m RET
    RET

That way you replace the `^M' by nothing. The keysequence `C-q' is
necessary to be able to insert the `^M' in the string to be replaced:

    C-q runs `quoted-insert'

    `quoted-insert' is an interactive compiled Lisp function
      -- loaded from "/usr/src/xemacs/lisp/simple.elc"
    (quoted-insert ARG)

    Documentation:
    Read next input character and insert it.
    This is useful for inserting control characters.
    You may also type up to 3 octal digits, to insert a character with that code.

--
Mike Fabian   <mike.fabian@example.com>   <mike@example.com>

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD