Re: tlug: Books on C++, graph of functions

Of course the Stroustrup book is a must have, but to me it works better as
a reference rather than a tutorial. There are a couple more though that
should be mentioned:
"Essential C++". Just out by Stanley B. Lippman (he worked on the first C++
compiler with Bjarne), kind of a condensed version of his much larger "C++
Primer" which is also worth checking out. This book is intended to get one
up and running with C++ as quickly as possible. It's not a "learn it in 21
days" type thing but a concise yet thorough introduction to the language.
After that you might check out Scott Meyer's "Effective C++" and "More
Effective C++" which I have been told by just about every C++ programmer I
ever met that one should read them.

Good Luck,
Greg