tlug: X-ISP, ISDN and Linux

Hi everyone,

I have an ISDN line with a NEC terminal adapter AT165Pro. I can't seem to
connect to my ISP (GOL). I've been using
the really nice X-ISP program to dial. Before I had ISDN, I could dial
fine with it.

I've rummaged around in the mailing list archives and I've found the
following messages

http://tlug.linux.or.jp/ML/9709/msg00016.html
http://tlug.linux.or.jp/ML/9709/msg00019.html

I've set up PAP with X-ISP. I didn't know what to put in the init string
but I put in
ATQ0V1X3$N1=1&D2&K3

The aterm will begin to dial the number and I'll get CONNECT 6400 (I
assume that means it called and got a response?).
But then it times out. Perhaps I'm not getting past the PAP step? I've
follwed all the instructions and made an
/etc/ppp/pap-secrets file and everything.

I'm humbly asking this list if anyone uses X-ISP with GOL and an NEC Aterm
adaptor to post their X-ISP config? If no
one uses X-ISP, could anyone post a shell script that would do the same?

Thank you very very much everyone!

Julien

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD