Re: tlug: Linux DVD

Marc Wrote:
>So, have you tried to do the DVD thing on a non-greenfrog setup yet?
Don't have one at the moment.... (My main devel box has a 0.4a and 0.5a
hybrid, all my other boxen either run various Greenfrog releases, I have
one 486 redhat box and the rest run Sparc NetBSD).  I can't see how this
is a problem though...

Marcus wrote:
>You also have to be sure that your DVD is encrypted. There are some
>DVDs that are not encrypted. There is a program out there which can
>test that for you, I forget the name (or maybe its an option on nist).
nist dies with a segfault after spewing tons of errors, and xmovie just
hangs.   I'm fairly inclined to think that from the limited output I got
from css-cat'ing the vob onto my hardisk that it was doing decryption
work, (Plus the "Authenticated" displayed when doing the tstdvd also
indicates this...)

Will I be correct in assuming that the coutnry code of my DVD should have
nothing to do with this??? (Although since I did play my DVD's with
windows for a while it should be set correctly..)

Yours,

Austin K. Kurahone
Tokyo Linux Users Group
"It didn't matter.  Not when all mistakes could be left behind at twelve hundered miles per hour."  --Ringworld

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD