Re: tlug: ppa,

On Wed, Jan 26, 2000 at 06:32:40PM +0900, Ulrike Schmidt wrote:
> Up to now I did not know that lsmod existed. This is what I get after all
> this insmod et al.:
>
> [root@example.com /root]# lsmod
> Module                  Size  Used
> by
> parport_probe           2980   0  (autoclean) (unused)
> parport
>       7060   0  [parport_probe]

I build my kernels with CONFIG_PARPORT=y and CONFIG_PARPORT_PC=y (i.e.,
built into my kernel rather than as modules) and then compile the PPA code
as a module.  I note that if I don't apply power to my ZIP drive before
doing 'modprobe ppa' I will get the message:
/lib/modules/2.2.14/scsi/ppa.o: init_module: Device or resource busy

Jim

P.S. Do you have more than one parallel port in the machine?  Or is it the
port an unusual address or IRQ?  You may need to specify additional options
to specify the IO address and/or irq to use parport as a module.

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo   ICQ: 5981586
Python Starship       http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD