Re: tlug: gtk and kinput2

On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, John Seebach wrote:

> Lo and behold, the gimp comes up in Japanese, with menus and everything.
> Even the tip of the day is in nihongo. I'm impressed. Everything seems to
> work perfectly.

<SNIP>

I can duplicate a few of these things with GIMP, but the version I have
at home is 1.0.4, so my mileage may vary quite a bit from yours.  I
think I have a newer GIMP at work, so I'll try that one and see what
happens.  I couldn't make it hang my system or crash X, I didn get input
failure (either mojibake or nothing at all).

I have had no problems at all with Gjiten.  It works great.  All I did
was download it, compile, and install.  Did you notice if there were any
problems at compile time?  Fortunately, the Gjiten author is on TLUG, so
we should be able to get an authoritative diagnosis on that problem.

Some more info about your environment might be helpful: distro, versions
of kinput2 and whatever kanji server(s) you're running, library
versions (GTK, etc.), that sort of thing.

Jonathan

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD