Re: tlug: Can you believe this?

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     Adrian> The cynic (like me) would argue that the purpose of this
>     Adrian> is to get those not using Windows to easily "switch in",
>     Adrian> but make it hard to "switch out".
>
> This is explicit in the Halloween memos, as well as fairly easy to see
> in several of the memos released in the trial.
>
> Not to mention in _Information Rules_.

hmph.  If I was Microsoft, I'd make my own linux distro and then try to
dominate the industry from three angles - NT server, desktop OS, and UNIX
server/desktop.  Their Linux product might take some sales from NT, but
overall sales would still be higher.

Or maybe that's what they're already planning ... ?

Scott M. Stone, CCNA <sstone@example.com>
UNIX Systems and Network Engineer
Taos - The SysAdmin Company

Next Nomikai: December 17 (Fri), 20:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: January 14 (Fri) 19:00
* Topic: "glibc - current status and future developments"
* Guest Speaker: Ulrich Drepper (Cygnus Solutions)
* Place: Oracle Japan HQ 12F Seminar Room (New Otani Garden Court)