Re: tlug: EXT2-fs warning

Thank you for your reply.

In message <m3ogc4sw0d.fsf@example.com>
   "Re: tlug: EXT2-fs warning"
   "Jens-Ulrik Petersen <jens-ulrik.petersen@example.com>" wrote:

>Shuzo Ishihara <ishihara@example.com> writes:
>
>> I installed Oracle 8.0.5 on Vine Linux 1.1 , and now test it
>> whether oracle for Linux is available or not.
>
>You mean you only started getting the warning below after installing
>oracle?

Yes, I've get the Warning after installed Oracle.
But I already discarded Oracle 8.0.5 from my machine,
because trial period almost ended.
Now, I do not have the waring messages.

>> I encountered following warning message about EXT2 file system.
>>   "EXT2-fs warning(device 03:42): ext2_free_inode: bit already
>> cleared for inode 358962 "
>> ( number of last position is different in other time)
>>
>> Dose anyone knows how to settle this warning message,
>> or is it no problem if I dismiss its message ?
>
>I don't know what this warning means, but recommend running e2fsck on
>the partition that is giving the warning (it's probably best to
>unmount the partition, so if it's the root partition it may be easiest
>to do the e2fsck from a rescue disk).

I'm going to do 'e2fsck' if I encounter the waring message like that.
Now, my Linux machine seems to be good condition after deleting Oracle.
But, it seemed that I had no trouble about data in spite of warning message
during oracle running.

Regrads,
Shuzo Ishihara

Next Nomikai: December 17 (Fri), 20:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: January 14 (Fri) 19:00
* Topic: "glibc - current status and future developments"
* Guest Speaker: Ulrich Drepper (Cygnus Solutions)
* Place: Oracle Japan HQ 12F Seminar Room (New Otani Garden Court)