Re: tlug: EXT2-fs warning

Shuzo Ishihara <ishihara@example.com> writes:

> I installed Oracle 8.0.5 on Vine Linux 1.1 , and now test it
> whether oracle for Linux is available or not.

You mean you only started getting the warning below after installing
oracle?

> I encountered following warning message about EXT2 file system.
>   "EXT2-fs warning(device 03:42): ext2_free_inode: bit already
> cleared for inode 358962 "
> ( number of last position is different in other time)
>
> Dose anyone knows how to settle this warning message,
> or is it no problem if I dismiss its message ?

I don't know what this warning means, but recommend running e2fsck on
the partition that is giving the warning (it's probably best to
unmount the partition, so if it's the root partition it may be easiest
to do the e2fsck from a rescue disk).

Jens
Next Nomikai: December 17 (Fri), 20:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: January 14 (Fri) 19:00
* Topic: "glibc - current status and future developments"
* Guest Speaker: Ulrich Drepper (Cygnus Solutions)
* Place: Oracle Japan HQ 12F Seminar Room (New Otani Garden Court)