Re: tlug: Cookies and Netscape

I don`t know what happend to the cookies however, I hate being profiled so
I always make it a practice to make the cookies file a sym link
to/dev/null.  Works great.  The cookies are most likely buffered for a
while and might be able to be read during your netscape session however,
no cookies are perminant and you never have to be bothered with checking
cookies.  I like it but it reduces the functionality of sites with depend
on cookies for functionality.

Ja ne...

--
Marc C.
http://www.mecworks.com

On Sun, 8 Aug 1999, Subba Rao wrote:

> Hello,
>
> or Netscape, I have set some the preferences to warn me before accepting cookies. Netscape does
> warn me as configured and I accept all of them. At the end of the browsing session, the "cookies" file only
> contains some sites in it. There are many sites, I visited, which have set the cookies but are not in the
> file.
>
> What happened to these cookies? Are these cookies sent back to the server? Some sites use Javascript.
> Does Javascript erase the cookies, once exit the site? (It should not, since revists to the same site did not
> warn me any cookies).
>
> Any information is appreciated.
>
> Subba Rao
> subb3@example.com
> Disclaimer - I question and speak for myself.
>
> http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/

> Next Technical Meeting: August 14 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
> *** Special guest: Marc Christensen (Salt Lake Linux Users Group)
> Next Nomikai: September 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
> more info: http://www.tlug.gr.jp        Sponsor: Global Online Japan

Marc Christensen	       |  Check out the linux-access pages.
SysOp CDSS University of Utah  |  linux-access - Making a difference!
http://ssv1.union.utah.edu     |  http://ssv1.union.utah.edu/linux-access/