Re: tlug: A couple of VmWare observations

On Sat, 26 Jun 1999, Andrew S. Howell wrote:

>VMware is moving up on my 'got'a check it out' list. If you have IP,
>why not just use SMBFS or samba?

Samba should work.  I suspect SMBFS would not, since the NTFS (or FAT) file
system is inside of a container file.  To Linux, it just looks a like a big
(I'm using a 1 GB container file) single file, with stuff inside of it.  I'd
be quite (pleasantly) surprised of SMBFS could directly read it as a Windows
file system.

Jonathan

Next Technical Meeting: July 10 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
*** Topic: High Performance JAVA, by Matt Welsh
Next Nomikai: August 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691