Re: tlug: A couple of VmWare observations

    Jonathan> On Sat, 26 Jun 1999, Dennis McMurchy wrote:
    >> Am I missing something, though, or is there no way to move
    >> whole files back and forth except via floppy (I mean when
    >> running on a virtual, not a raw disk, of course)?

    Jonathan> Again, I have yet to try this, but how about FTP?  Since
    Jonathan> Windows in the VM has a separate and distinct IP address
    Jonathan> from the host (ain't that cool?!  :-) ) and VMWare is
    Jonathan> emulating a NIC which has that IP address, you should be
    Jonathan> able to FTP between them, or even telnet.

VMware is moving up on my 'got'a check it out' list. If you have IP,
why not just use SMBFS or samba?

Andy

Next Technical Meeting: July 10 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
*** Topic: High Performance JAVA, by Matt Welsh
Next Nomikai: August 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691