Re: tlug: Linux & Aiwa TM-AD1281

Roberto wrote:

> Hello,
> Could somebody please tell me how to set up under Linux a TM-AD1281 (DSU+TA) that I got from a friend?
> I am using SuSE 6.0, on a Pentium 233Mhz, 64Mb, 4.3G.
> It works OK under Win NT (data port ---> com1) but I can't get it  recognized by Linux.
>
> Any help would be welcomed.

I had one of these when I was in Japan.. works as a standard serial
device as far as Linux is concerned.  Just make sure you recompile ppp.o
(or the whole kernel if monolithic) and take out that one line that
turns off the header compression or what have you... AIWA's firmware is
broken.. windows doesn't care because it doesn't do the optimizations,
but under Linux you'll get consistent 50% packet loss.

--
Scott M. Stone <sstone@example.com>