tlug: launching from window manager or xterm

Since I upgraded my linux to RH6.0 I have been having a strange phenomenon
with netscape.
  I use netscape 4.6 without Japanization.   When I launch netscape from xterm
(or kterm or whatever) manually, I have no problem.  However, when it is
launched from window manager (in my case twm or tvtwm), netscape sometimes
gives a warning dialog box saying

Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name: osfUp
Warning: ... found while parsing '<Key>osfUp:SelectionBoxUpOrDown(0)'

I set the environment variable XKEYSYMDB and XAPPLRESDIR correctly.  What I
feel strange is that these warning don't appear when netscape is launched
manually.  What is the difference and what is the solution?

Thanks in advance.

--
Tetsuji Rai    Tokyo Japan
PPL 2476457    tetsuji@example.com

Next Nomikai: May 26 (Wed), 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** Special guest: Eric S. Raymond
Next Technical Meeting: June 19 (Sat), 12:30  place: Temple Univ.
Topic: Linux SMP and the Intel SC450NX Quad Xeon Server platform