Re: tlug: microphne doesn't work

> On Tue, 25 May 1999, Tetsuji Rai wrote:
>
> > I tried it also, but it doesn't matter.
>
> If you can't get anything useful out of /dev/dsp, your sound card mixer
> is set incorrectly (i.e., mic in set to zero).
>
> Get a mixer from ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/apps/sound/mixers,
> doublecheck the settings, then do a test recording with xwave
> (ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/apps/sound/editors).  If that doesn't
> work, either your sound card or your kernel config is broken.  If it does
> work, try the IBM app again.
>
> -- Chris (wileyc@example.com)

I found my microphone has a problem.  It is the one which came with
soundblaster 5 years ago.   When I connect it to my casette tape racorder, it
doesn't work well (a small sound in a noise).   So I will buy a new one.   But
your recommendation sounds interesting.  I'll try them also.

--
Tetsuji Rai    Tokyo Japan
PPL 2476457    tetsuji@example.com

Next Nomikai: May 26 (Wed), 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** Special guest: Eric S. Raymond
Next Technical Meeting: June 19 (Sat), 12:30  place: Temple Univ.
Topic: Linux SMP and the Intel SC450NX Quad Xeon Server platform