Re: tlug: GTK+-1.2.3 undefined ref to .Xsetlocale

    jb> On Wed, 12 May 1999, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
    >> Neither, I suspect.  In sane packages, `make clean' deletes
    >> config.cache.  RMS points out, quite correctly, that this makes

    jb> What's config.cache?

A record of all the information that the configure script learns about
your system so that it doesn't have to check directly the next time.
What gets cached depends on the specific configure script; you would
have to check that directly yourself.

It is, of course, a very bad practice to cache things specified by
explicit user option.  On the other hand, it saves a few keystrokes
for the lazy, and a lot of developers do that kind of thing.

Next Nomikai: May 26 (Wed), 19:30                        Place: TBD
*** Special guest: Eric S. Raymond
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.