tlug: hostname setting of samba

Hi,
   I'd been using samba without problem so far, but since I upgraded to RH 6.0
I have a problem concerning hostname.
    As my machine is not connected permanently to Internet (only ppp), I set
the hostname to tetsu, whose ip address 10.0.0.1 (this is assigned to my
ethernet card, 3c509 as eth0), defined in /etc/hosts.    Another machine
called yuki, running Win98 is connected to tetsu via ethernet.  The IP address
is 10.0.0.2.   So far, this setting had been working fine.   However, since I
upgraded my linux from RH5.2 to Rh 6.0, I have a problem in executing sendmail
daemon on booting.   It freezes on sendmail.   I suspected the hostname tetsu
should be wrong, and changed the ip address to 127.0.0.1.   Now sendmail has
no problem on booting.   However, this time samba has a problem.   smbclient
-L tetsu gives correct information on Linux machine, however, it cannot be
referred to from the yuki (Win98) as tetsu.   So no information can be
exchanged between these two machines via samba.   It is as a matter of course
because tetsu is assigned to 127.0.0.1.
   So I wonder, in this case, how the hostname and ip address are set in this
machine.   Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

--
Tetsuji Rai    Tokyo Japan
PPL 2476457    tetsuji@example.com

Next Nomikai: May 26 (Wed), 19:30                        Place: TBD
*** Special guest: Eric S. Raymond
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.