Re: tlug: Problems with gcc and gtk on IRIX 6.2

From: Alessandro Bugatti <alex@example.com>

> I work on Indigo 2 with IRIX 6.2. I have a problem with the gcc compiler.
> I want use the gtk libraries for my programs and if I try to compile the
> examples of these libraries I have no problems (for example
> gcc `gtk-config --cflags` helloworld.c -o helloword `gtk-config --libs`
> it's OK), but when I try to link some libraries (the audio library) then I
> have many problems. For reference, here is a problem:
>
> gcc -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/CC -o gtkprova -laudiofile -laudioutil
> gtkprova.o audio.o `gtk-config --cflags` `gtk-config --libs` -L/usr/lib32

This doesn't work. You have to specify any linker option after giving
object files. Besides, since you use SGI Audio Library, you need to
specify -laudio for any 'AL' prefixed symbols. If you don't have
libaudio.a in /usr/lib32, install dmedia_dev.sw32.lib from CD.

I think you are compiling C++ programs. If so, you have to build the
binary with g++ instead of gcc.

Following compilation should work.
g++ -o gtkprova audio.o gtkprova.o -L/usr/lib32 -laudio -laudiofile \
-laudioutil `gtk-config --cflags` `gtk-config --libs`

Takeshi
Next Nomikai: TBD                    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.