Re: tlug: Partitioning sizes

That soudns sensible to me.

Remeber you can always back up and restore more intellignetly when it
becomes neccessary.  (Like when you get a second hard drive to put your
swap on which ever one is used least.)

Dave Gutteridge did state upon Tue, Jan 26, 1999 at 02:37:24PM +0900:
> Okay, what do people think about this as a plan for partitioning the drive:
> 64 MB swap
> 	(I have 32 MB RAM, so RAMx2...)
> 16 MB /boot
> 	(Everyone said this is too much, but based on everything else that people
> said, I believe I have enough room to be liberal here, and maybe, just
> maybe, there's a reason the manual suggested this size)
> 128 MB /var
> 	(There will be no printer on this machine, but probably the most active
> thing this server will do is e-mail, and since i work in animation, It's
> conceivable that I will be sending and recieving really big things, like
> sequences of images. And for that same reason, I do want _some_ cap on the
> spool so no one can send me something so huge it starts to muscle in on the
> territory of other things.)
> 864 MB /
> 	(Everything else goes in here, for simplicity. My WWW directory will be in
> here somewhere. I don't do any serious compiling, maybe a bit of Java or
> something, but in such a small scale that I don't think it requires
> particular attention)
>
> 	Any huge mistakes that will come back to haunt me later?

-Scott

--
Life is a Terminal Illness,    |   an apple a day keeps the
  Noone has survived it yet.   |  produce farmers very happy