Re: tlug: valid mail address

    Jim> Hi all, eVote can't figure email addresses from this line in
    Jim> tlug:

    >>  "Atlas21 Shawn" <"gray_s"@example.com>

    Jim> Is is valid to have quotes in an email address?

I'm not sure if it is or not, however, the other day I found a utility
program to verify mail aliases called 'vrfy'. You give it an alias and
optionally a mail server, and it tries to verify the alias:

	vrfy casillas yoshiko
	<casillas@example.com>

	vrfy garbage yoshiko
	garbage... User unknown
	User unknown

I found this at:

http://www.harker.com/sendmail/sendmail-ref-body.html#Sendmail_Tools

If you run it in verbose mode, it will show you the complete
interaction with the mail server.

HTH,

	Andy
Next Technical Meeting: February 13 (Sat), 12:30 place: Temple Univ.
** presentation: XEmacs, by Steven Baur and Martin Buchholz
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691