Re: tlug: Multithreading, how to learn?

>Are there info-files, man-pages, HOWTOs or any other useful docu about
>that subject already available on a typical Linux installation?

Here are some parallel-processing links I've got in my bookmarks. They
might be of use, as would searching for "pthreads".

http://www.linux-howto.com/LDP/HOWTO/Parallel-Processing-HOWTO-1.html
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/dbpp/text/node4.html
http://www.orl.co.uk/omniORB/doc/omnithread/node1.html

Threads give you the chance to introduce new types of bugs into your
program, like deadlock, so only use threads when you actually have a need
for them.

BTW, the thread implementation in python is easy to use, so useful for
learning.

Darren

Next Technical Meeting: February 13 (Sat), 12:30 place: Temple Univ.
** presentation: XEmacs, by Steven Baur and Martin Buchholz
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691