Re: tlug: Multithreading, how to learn?

    Mike> What is a multithreaded C or C++ program, for what purposes
    Mike> is multithreading needed and and how does one write a
    Mike> multithreaded C or C++ program?

    Mike> Are there info-files, man-pages, HOWTOs or any other useful
    Mike> docu about that subject already available on a typical Linux
    Mike> installation?

Mike,

	Here are some url's to get you started. Note that I have only
an academic knowledge of threads. Other than little toy programs, I
have never used them in production code. Most of the programs I write
would not really benefit from threads. Someday I'll find a use for
them though :)

	http://www.lsi.usp.br/~emidorik/Threads/index.html
	http://www.sun.com/workshop/threads/

Regards,

	Andy
Next Technical Meeting: February 13 (Sat), 12:30 place: Temple Univ.
** presentation: XEmacs, by Steven Baur and Martin Buchholz
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691