tlug: TL3.0 + XF86Setup crash

Hi,

I'm trying to install TurboLinux3.0 Standard Edition. I can't setup
X-window.
My Linux box has S3 Virge/VX (8MB VRAM) and worked fine with RedHat5.1
and TurboLinux2.0J.

I chose TL3.0J 'FULL' package install, then Installer autoprobe video
card correclty and install XFree86-SVGA server automatically. However
XFree86-SVGA server works only 16bit color and rather slow.

So I usually intall XFree86-S3V server RPM manually, then use XF86Setup
to change to XFree86-S3V server. But under TL3.0 XF86Setup crashed soon
after start the program. I get white screen (VGA16 Mode) then top half
of the display tuned into darkblue noise. It's out of control.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem. I want to use XFree86-S3V
server.

Thank you.

-- Shigeo Honda
Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: 13 February, 12:30               Place: TBD